Saturday, January 12, 2013

B/S ROUND LIQUOR All Occasions Candy Mold Chocolate





Best offer for B/S ROUND LIQUOR All Occasions Candy Mold Chocolate is now alive. This best ROUND LIQUOR All is currently on sale, you may buy it now for just $0.00 and often ships in 24 hours.

Item Description



Pros



Reviews


Perhaps not the best choice for a beginner - or anyone
Daniel Brady

First, let me say that I'm not at all an expert in molding filled chocolates - I've done some, but I'm pretty much a newbie.The mold is reasonably well-made, and they even toss in a general-purpose instruction sheet. However, the instructions don't cover filled chocolates, which is what I wanted this mold for. Fair enough - the instructions were an extra, but buyers (particularly newbies) should know some things about this mold.It's a two-part mold - not one you fill, empty, set, add filling, set, add 'bottom' chocolate, like I'd wanted. This one needs to be trimmed, pierced, clamped closed, and should result in a spherical candy, not a flat-bottomed one. Two of these *should* produce 2 dozen candies in one fell swoop, but the 'pierce here to fill' nipple would end up on both sides, making it pointless to keep the mold as delivered. This one really wants to be cut in half, trimmed, and clamped to within an inch of its life, and you'll need to look up a good 3D mold howto.There's no indication that the mold won't work just fine as intended, but buyers should be aware that that's what's intended - you can't use this to make 2 dozen filled chocolates, unless you're ready to deal with half-sphere chocolates, fairly small.=-=-=-=-Update, 3/2/08: I tried cutting it in half to mold spheres. Admittedly, I'm not an expert, but the registration bumps (intended to align the two sides of the mold) are of unequal size - the convex hemisphere is considerably smaller than the concave side, allowing plenty of slop in the fit - so they may as well not be there at all.The divot intended to locate the hole through which one should fill the mold is recessed toward the inside of the mold, making it awkward at best to trim the plastic there. On one piece, the divot didn't even exist - sections next to each other are inconsistent.Frankly, at this point, I'd like to revise my rating down to a 1 - I can't honestly recommend that *anyone* buy this mold, regardless of their skill level. It works, mind you - but not nearly as well as should be available, considering the state of the art of plastic molding, and only after considerable effort to alter the mold. At least the placement was good - you *can* align the two sides, anyway.I'd wondered what the B/S in the mold's name meant, but now, I've got a guess.Anybody wanna buy a used, cut, and carefully pierced mold? I'll let it go cheap.....

How to make something simple into something extremely complicated - make a poorly aligned mold out of flexible plastic
smartypants

Now that I have the mold in hand, I can see exactly what the other reviewer is talking about. It would be practically impossible to use this mold to make spheres in one pass. Filled chocolates? Yeah, right.The whole cutting, piercing, clamping thing sounds ridiculously difficult because of the flexibility of the plastic involved, so I'm not going to even try it.Here's my plan: fill the whole thing with chocolate, just as it is. Chill. Remove 1/2 sphere chocolates from mold. Fill the whole thing with chocolate again. When the chocolate in the mold is thickening but still sticky, set the first batch of pieces onto the ones still in the mold. Chill & hope they stick together.Wish me luck.



Rating: 3.5 2 reviews

Key: B/S ROUND All, ROUND LIQUOR All, B/S LIQUOR All